RAPT Pill – Hydrometer & Thermometer (Wifi & Bluetooth)
The RAPT Pill allows true real-time specific gravity and temperature logging and control via wifi/bluetooth integration with the RAPT fermentation chamber (KL15813), RAPT mobile app or RAPT IOT.
The RAPT Pill allows you to instantly read and log the specific gravity and temperature of your fermentation via the RAPT mobile app on your compatible Android smartphone or tablet, Apple iPhone/iPad or via the RAPT IOT hub on your Windows or Mac Computer.
The RAPT Pill has a long battery 12thbn wedfvglife and can last 2-5 months between charges when utilising Wifi. If only using Bluetooth the battery can last 2+ years before needing to be recharged. The RAPT Pill has a USB-C charging port on the circuit board allowing fast charging from any USB-C cable.
60min telemetry frequency – 1.5 years
15min telemetry frequency – 5 months
The RAPT Pill has an optional upgradable external antenna (sold separately) which can be installed onto the circuit board allowing the RAPT Pill signal to pass through thick-walled stainless fermenters such as kegmenters (KL06866) which other wireless hydrometers struggle to penetrate.
The RAPT Pill is universal and is compatible with most standard carboys, cornelius kegs, stainless steel fermenters, and pressurisable fermenters.
Pill Housing Design
The RAPT Pill housing boasts many advantages compared to other wireless hydrometers such as:
- Made from strong BPA Free Tritan Plastic
- Greater ergonomics – The shape of the RAPT Pill has been designed for improved usability compared to other wireless hydrometers such that the Pill separates into two pieces at the midline of the Pill rather than requiring a difficult to remove end cap to be unscrewed.
- Sanitary design – The RAPT Pill has no exposed thread and a double o-ring seal which allows for a water-tight seal with reduced risk of infection.
- Less susceptible to error – The larger housing of the RAPT Pill compared to other wireless hydrometers means that the gravity logging is less susceptible to error from krausen, hops or CO2 bubbles from fermentation.
- RAPT Pill – Red Housing
- RAPT Pill – Blue Housing
- RAPT Pill – Green Housing
- RAPT Pill – Yellow Housing
What is RAPT?
The RAPT IOT Hub is a free service whereby any RAPT-enabled product can both log and store data to the hub where you can conveniently access this data. The RAPT hub can also allow you to control your devices remotely giving you absolute control of the device irrespective of where you are. The RAPT portal enables you to make complex temperature profiles that involve different temperature settings over time meaning you can start/run a temp profile giving you a set and forget the experience. The RAPT portal also controls the alert/notification process for you so you can receive the email notifications in the off instance that something doesn’t go to plan.
There is no limit to the number of RAPT devices you can connect to the RAPT IOT Hub. This is in contrast to other popular wireless hydrometers where you are limited by the number of hydrometers you can connect to an app.
Please note: The RAPT Pill is fully wifi and Bluetooth capable. At present, it can be integrated fully with wifi. Bluetooth integration will be enabled with a later firmware update.